How do I put in my times of availability? How do people sign up for lessons with me? What if a student wants a different tutor? Every answer is here.
Availability (for trial lessons)
To take on new students, you must mark open spots on your calendar (under „Availability“ in Group 1 for Trial Lessons):
- Only new students can use these slots (trial lessons)
- Do not enter availability for existing students. You are in charge of making plans with your regular student for future sessions.
- Make sure you have enough time for both your regular students and the new ones who want to join.
You can change your availability at any time, as long as you are not already booked for that time:
- If a session has been booked, it can’t be canceled.
- Sessions can be booked up to 12 hours ahead of time (please ensure that you are active on WhatsApp if you are available).
We recommend that you put in your availability for new students, especially during “tutoring prime time.”
- To get the number of regular students you want, it’s best to list your availability for new students, especially during “tutoring prime time” (weekdays from 17:00 to 21:00), and to be available for regular students during these times to make sure they get regular tutoring.
- If you have regular students, you can change the number of slots to fit their needs.
- Enter available slots on a regular basis and as early as possible. No availability means no trial lessons for you!
- Make sure your schedule and availability are always up to date and that you change them if your plans change.
- This is very important because sessions must be booked. If you don’t show up, there will be a deduction from your earnings.
Availability (for regular sessions)
For current students, we suggest that you set up a follow-up appointment at the end of the session:
- You can book it yourself in your calendar, or you can ask the student to do it.
- If no session has been set up yet, try to arrange the next one in the WhatsApp group.
- Remember that bookings must be made at least 12 hours before the lesson. The sooner you book your next lesson, the easier it will be to plan out your week.
Sessions only happen if there is a booking for them:
- For double sessions (2 hours), please remember to enter two bookings (for example, 18:00-18:50 and 19:00-19:50).
If you and your student want to change a session, the student has up to 24 hours before the lesson to do so, or you can do it at any time.
- Check with your student on WhatsApp first to see when the next session should be.
- You can find the button to reschedule the appointment in your calendar. Just click on the appointment.
- Choose the new time and date, then save your choice.
- Once the change has been made, let your student know through WhatsApp.
- Remember that you can reschedule a session 5 times per month and per student.
- If you want to reschedule a session but your student insists on the original date, let customer service know in the student WhatsApp group, so we can find a replacement tutor.